Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


I had a wonderful Mother’s Day. The girls helped Matt fix breakfast so they could give it to me in bed. It wasn’t a surprise because the night before Ella told me not to get out of bed until she wakes me up. So I knew it was coming. But Matt had to wake me up at 7 am because Liam wanted to nurse. I just stayed in bed with the baby until breakfast was ready. I had a poppy seed muffin, scrambled eggs, bacon and orange juice. It was great. We normally only have time for cold cereal on Sunday mornings because we have to be at church by 9 am.

The girls then gave me their Mother’s Day cards. For gifts Ella made a picture frame at school and Nia at preschool put her handprint on a tile. Matt gave me my favorite fudge made by the Twisted Pepper Co. in downtown Wylie. I am so sad they are closing. The girls also surprised me with a dozen red roses on Friday after they came home from shopping with Matt. Ella and Nia saw them at the store and begged Matt to buy them for me. After I ate my breakfast we quickly finished getting ready for church and got there in time for the girls to be the designated reverent children for 15 minutes before the meeting starts. (However Ella mentioned to us that it didn’t work because everyone was still talking). The meeting was nice. The speakers spoke about Mothers and the Primary children sang “Mother, I Love You.” It was the first time Nia got to sing, so it was nice to have both of my girls sing to me. Our bishopric gave all the moms a single stem rose, some chocolate and the new spiral bound Gospel Art book. It was a great gift.
After church we went home and got ready to go to my parent’s home in Rockwall. The deal for the past 6-7 years has been that Matt plans and cooks the Mother’s Day dinner and my Dad assists and pays for it. It has worked out great. The meal was awesome. We had moist herb chicken, butternut squash lasagna, Caesar salad, and barbecued cabbage. For dessert Matt made crepes. On top of the crepe he put Blue Bell’s homemade vanilla ice cream, raspberries and then he drizzled it with Nutella. It was so good.

My mom and I had a lazy afternoon visiting and watching the men cook and the girl’s play. I even took a short nap! Plus I didn’t have to change any poopy diapers! It was wonderful.

1 comment: